The Instagram shadowban is real! I never believed it because I was guilty of doing many things like re-using hashtags and repetitive comments. And yet I have never experienced the much talked about Instagram shadowban. That is until recently. I found out for myself that the Instagram shadowban 2019 is very much real. I don’t really know why this happened but I can guess due to a number of things I was guilty of. Of course, I researched the Internet excessively until I got a better idea of the dreaded Instagram shadowban 2019.
From what I learned, here are some of the things that can get you shadowbanned.
- Using bots can get you shadowbanned. I also read that any third party app where you have to give your Instagram password can be considered a bot so this could be problematic. I don’t know if this is accurate because I read different ideas about this. I was using the app UNUM to sometimes schedule my post but I immediately stopped this after my shadowban.
- Using banned hashtags. I really don’t know why I got shadowbanned or even how long it is going to last but I know I am apparently using banned hashtags. For some reason, my personal hashtag #lesleykim became banned. It states that the content are restricted due to not following community guidelines. I have this hashtag in almost all of my posts and it would take me a very long time to remove them. Sites I have read mentioned you have to remove the problematic hashtag to remove your shadowban. Other sites I’ve read said if you remove them too fast too much this will be seen as spammy.
- Not following community guidelines like posting the same comments over and over or liking too fast or exceeding daily limits. I know I have posted the same comments over and over and I have liked too fast too much so this could also be why I got shadow banned.
How to get rid of a shadowban
I am still shadowbanned and I don’t really know how to get rid of it. If I have to remove my personal hashtag #lesleykim from the posts that use them, this will definitely take me a very long time. I may try this eventually.
- I have read that promoting one of your posts may get rid of your shadowban but this did not work for me.
- Some people also suggest not going on your Instagram account for at least 3 to 5 days. I have not tried this but if my shadowban persist I may try it.
- People also said changing your account to personal helps.
- Some people also suggest contacting Instagram in the help section but I heard this is very difficult.
- Many sites also said just wait it out and the shadowban will eventually lift as long as you don’t do any more problematic actions.
So this post is really to let you know that the Instagram shadowban 2019 is very real. I am going through it right now and don’t know how to fix my account. The only thing I think I need to do is remove my problematic hashtag, especially since it is banned and I have it on almost 500 posts.
Have you experienced the Instagram shadowban 2019? Do you have any advice for me?